Signs of the Times is the quarterly newsletter of Modern Church, published in January, April, July and October.
Editor: Anthony Woollard
It provides news and information about Modern Church and offers members an opportunity to communicate with each other in print.
We welcome articles, notices, poems, suggestions, comments and suitable accompanying graphics.
The articles we publish do not necessarily reflect a Modern Church perspective - in keeping with our commitment to liberal theology we believe that different views should be heard.
Send material to the editor by 8th December, 8th March, 8th June or 8th September. Articles should not normally exceed 1,000 words.
We prefer email but will process typed or handwritten text.
Copies can be provided for distribution in churches and elsewhere - contact the Modern Church office for details.
In the latest edition:
No. 69 - April 2018
Or read online:
- Editorial: On the move
- Anthony Woollard
- God as Father, Son and Holy Spirit but not three persons
- John Goodchild
- Three persons, one God
- Adrian Thatcher
- History as past, present and future: Reflections on Hamilton
- Frances Eccleston
- Response to crisis: Restoring our covenant with Creation - Report on the South West Regional Day Conference, Saturday 3rd February
- David James
- Review: The books of John Bunyan
- Chris Savage
- Review: A liberal and godly Dean: A life of Edward Carpenter by Michael De-la-Noy
- Marcus Braybrooke
- Review: Heart of Oneness: A little book of connection by Jennifer Kavanagh
- Alan Race
- Review: Meeting evil with mercy: An Anglican priest’s bold answer to atrocity by Philip Pegler
- Tim Purchase
- Review: The authority of service and love - A recovery of meaning by Roger Payne
- Alan Jeans
- Review: Sing out for justice: The poetry and passion of the Hebrew Prophets by Ray Vincent
- Rosemary Walters
- Review: The joy of being Anglican eds. Caroline Hodgson & Heather Smith
- Lorraine Cavanagh
- And finally… A lightbulb moment!
- Anthony Woollard