Signs of the Times is the quarterly newsletter of Modern Church, published in January, April, July and October.
Editor: Anthony Woollard
It provides news and information about Modern Church and offers members an opportunity to communicate with each other in print.
We welcome articles, notices, poems, suggestions, comments and suitable accompanying graphics.
The articles we publish do not necessarily reflect a Modern Church perspective - in keeping with our commitment to liberal theology we believe that different views should be heard.
Send material to the editor by 8th December, 8th March, 8th June or 8th September. Articles should not normally exceed 1,000 words.
We prefer email but will process typed or handwritten text.
Copies can be provided for distribution in churches and elsewhere - contact the Modern Church office for details.
In the latest edition:
No. 65 - April 2017
Or read online:
- Editorial: The dark ages
- Anthony Woollard
- The Janus-like role of Modern Church in exposing a myth about reason
- Brenda Watson
- PCN Britain 2nd Marcus Borg Memorial Lecture presented by Robin Meyers
- Christine Alker
- In memoriam: Joan Dorrell
- Rosalind Lund
- Sermon: ‘What if...’
- Humphrey Prideaux
- Review - Holy silence: The gift of Quaker spirituality by J Brent Bill
- Rebekah Hanson
- Review - Out of the silence: Memories, poems, reflections by Terry Waite
- Tim Purchase
- Review: Re-enchanting the activist: Spirituality and social change by Keith Hebden
- Keith Thomasson
- Observations from the Student Christian Movement at Modern Church Council
- Ellis Tsang, SCM Fundraising & Communications Officer.