Signs of the Times is the quarterly newsletter of Modern Church, published in January, April, July and October.
It provides news and information about Modern Church and offers members an opportunity to communicate with each other in print.
We welcome articles, notices, poems, suggestions, comments and suitable accompanying graphics.
The articles we publish do not necessarily reflect a Modern Church perspective - in keeping with our commitment to liberal theology we believe that different views should be heard.
Send material to the editor by 8th December, 8th March, 8th June or 8th September. Articles should not normally exceed 1,000 words.
We prefer email but will process typed or handwritten text.
Copies can be provided for distribution in churches and elsewhere - contact the Modern Church office for details.
In the latest edition:
No. 64 - January 2017
Or read online:
- Editorial: Handing on the legacy
- Anthony Woollard
- Do we need a new Reformation?
- Paul Brett
- How the Bath Conference evolved
- David James
- Reclaiming mission from the edge
- David Driscoll
- Meet our new Book Reviews Editor
- Chris Savage
- Review: That was the Church that was, by Andrew Brown & Linda Woodhead
- John Saxbee
- Review: Sceptical Christianity: Exploring Credible Belief by Robert Reiss
- David Simon
- Review: 119 - My life as a bisexual Christian by Jaime Sommers
- Chris Savage
- In Memoriam: Paddy Lewin
- Jonathan Clatworthy
- Student Sunday 2017
- News from the Student Christian Movement