by Nick Jowett
Tune: Duke Street
- Thanks be to God whose love is sure;
his will in Jesus shall endure.
He gives us life and health and food;
no single one would he exclude.
- Taxman Levi heard the appeal
and honoured Jesus with a meal.
The good, the bad, he welcomed all,
at Jesus’ word, into his hall.
- Feeding a crowd with bread and fish,
Jesus showed sharing was his wish.
We imitate that act divine
and celebrate with bread and wine.
- Christians at Corinth knew Christ’s will,
yet the rich people ate their fill.
They would not wait on for the poor,
and failed their Saviour’s love and law.
- Cry for a land where wealth divides,
where bitter poverty abides,
where the well-off can demonise
those trapped in need, nor hear their cries.
- People today, make Christ your guide;
Stand with the poorest side by side.
Reject unfairness; seek to be
Creators of equality.