Signs of the Times is the quarterly newsletter of Modern Church.
Editor: Anthony Woollard
This quarterly magazine provides news and information about Modern Church and offers members an opportunity to communicate with each other in print. Copies of Signs of the Times are sent out to members and to affiliates and churches who affiliate will receive several copies to give out.
Find out more about joining Modern Church here: https://modernchurch.org.uk/get-involved
As of the summer 2019 issue, Sign of the Times is no longer available online though archive copies are still available on the website.
The articles we publish do not necessarily reflect a Modern Church perspective - in keeping with our commitment to liberal theology we believe that different views should be heard.
Contact the editor if you would like to submit an article.Articles should not normally exceed 800 words.
Copies can be provided for distribution in churches and elsewhere - contact the Modern Church office for details.
In the latest edition:
No. 73 - April 2019
Or read online:
- Editorial: God's Jazz
- Anthony Woollard
- Non Realist Christian Theology: an introduction
- David Simon
- As we forgive
- Lorraine Cavanagh
- Review: Peter Shaw: The Mindful Leader
- Trevor Pitt
- Review: David Runcorn: The Language of Tears
- Peter Varney
- Review: Marcus Braybrooke: SIkhism - a Christian approach
- Guy Wilkinson
- Review: Mughan and Saleem: Leaving Faith Behind
- Guy Wilkison
- Review: Eve Poole: Buying God, Consumerism and Theology
- Rebekah Hanson
- Review: Thomas Jay Oord: God Can't
- John Reader
- Review: Andrew Rumsey: Parish, An Anglican Theology of Place
- Alan Jeans