Signs of the Times is the quarterly newsletter of Modern Church, published in January, April, July and October.
Editor: Anthony Woollard
It provides news and information about Modern Church and offers members an opportunity to communicate with each other in print.
We welcome articles, notices, poems, suggestions, comments and suitable accompanying graphics.
The articles we publish do not necessarily reflect a Modern Church perspective - in keeping with our commitment to liberal theology we believe that different views should be heard.
Send material to the editor by 8th December, 8th March, 8th June or 8th September. Articles should not normally exceed 1,000 words.
We prefer email but will process typed or handwritten text.
Copies can be provided for distribution in churches and elsewhere - contact the Modern Church office for details.
In the latest edition:
No. 72 - January 2019
Or read online:
- Editorial: Call or response
- Anthony Woollard
- A foray into forest church
- Janet Carpenter
- What can we learn from early Christians?
- Jonathan Clatworthy
- A Refreshed Grand Narrative for the West: challenging the need for a specifically secular state
- Brenda Watson
- Review: Alan Everett: After the fire - finding words for Grenfell
- Geoff MIller
- Review: Just Food: Food and Farming for a sustainable future
- Colin Brady
- Review: Tim Stead: See Love Be: Mindfulness and the spiritual life
- Jonathan Draper
- Review: Safeguarding the Stranger - Jayme Reaves
- David Driscoll
- Review: Michael Downey: The depth of God's reach
- Janette Jolly