Signs of the Times is the quarterly newsletter of Modern Church, published in January, April, July and October.
Editor: Anthony Woollard
It provides news and information about Modern Church and offers members an opportunity to communicate with each other in print.
We welcome articles, notices, poems, suggestions, comments and suitable accompanying graphics.
The articles we publish do not necessarily reflect a Modern Church perspective - in keeping with our commitment to liberal theology we believe that different views should be heard.
Send material to the editor by 8th December, 8th March, 8th June or 8th September. Articles should not normally exceed 1,000 words.
We prefer email but will process typed or handwritten text.
Copies can be provided for distribution in churches and elsewhere - contact the Modern Church office for details.
In the latest edition:
No. 73 - April 2019
Or read online:
- Editorial: God's Jazz
- Anthony Woollard
- Non Realist Christian Theology: an introduction
- David Simon
- As we forgive
- Lorraine Cavanagh
- Review: Peter Shaw: The Mindful Leader
- Trevor Pitt
- Review: David Runcorn: The Language of Tears
- Peter Varney
- Review: Marcus Braybrooke: SIkhism - a Christian approach
- Guy Wilkinson
- Review: Mughan and Saleem: Leaving Faith Behind
- Guy Wilkison
- Review: Eve Poole: Buying God, Consumerism and Theology
- Rebekah Hanson
- Review: Thomas Jay Oord: God Can't
- John Reader
- Review: Andrew Rumsey: Parish, An Anglican Theology of Place
- Alan Jeans