Signs of the Times is the quarterly newsletter of Modern Church, published in January, April, July and October.
Editor: Anthony Woollard
It provides news and information about Modern Church and offers members an opportunity to communicate with each other in print.
We welcome articles, notices, poems, suggestions, comments and suitable accompanying graphics.
The articles we publish do not necessarily reflect a Modern Church perspective - in keeping with our commitment to liberal theology we believe that different views should be heard.
Send material to the editor by 8th December, 8th March, 8th June or 8th September. Articles should not normally exceed 1,000 words.
We prefer email but will process typed or handwritten text.
Copies can be provided for distribution in churches and elsewhere - contact the Modern Church office for details.
In the latest edition:
No. 71 - October 2018
Or read online:
- Editorial: In the midst of death...
- Anthony Woollard
- A refreshed Grand Narrative for the West: Escaping from a narrow understanding of reason
- Brenda Watson
- A Swedish journey towards inclusion
- Sally Barnes
- Review - Who is my neighbour? by Carter & Wells
- Paul Brett
- Review - God, improv, and the art of living by Maryann McKibben Dana
- T Derrick Witherington
- Review - Regaining life’s winding trail by Henry Disney
- Rosalind Lund
- Review - Action! A cleric off the leash by Colin Hodgetts
- Bill Cave
- Review - CD: Padraig O Tuama in conversation with Raymond Friel
- Keith Thomasson
- Review - The way of silence: Engaging the sacred in daily life by David Steindl-Rast OSB
- Michael Goater
- Review - The Holy Spirit and an evolving Church by James Coriden
- Karen Gorham
- Review - Waiting for the last bus: Reflections on life and death by Richard Holloway
- by Vanessa Herrick