Modern Church sponsored day conference
Saturday 2nd February 2019 9.30am-4pm, St Dunstan's Liverpool.
This day will help us to think about both theoretical and practical aspects of what it is to do evangelism as liberals. We'll consider what liberal theologies of evangelism might look like, and practically, how as liberals we go about evangelism.
- Martyn Percy on building the Kingdom of God
- Emma Percy on living fit for heaven
- Jonathan Draper on the 5 Marks of Mission
- Bonnie Evans-Hills on mission in a multi-faith context
- Miranda Threlfall-Holmes on historical and biblical metaphors for mission
- Mark Waters on mission in a post-modern context
PLUS new Bishop of Warrington Bev Mason will welcome us to the Diocese of Liverpool.
Some of the questions we've been asking are:
- Why do evangelism if we don't believe people will go to hell?
- Does it matter whether people are Christian or not?
- What about other faiths?
- How do we evangelise in a culture that is inherently suspicious of truth claims?
- Is Christianity a 'toxic brand'?
- What is the 'good news' for liberals?
- What might evangelism look like in a Post-evangelical culture?