Modern Believing is the journal of Modern Church. It publishes articles in theology and related disciplines to promote theological liberalism.
Published quarterly by Liverpool University Press and indexed in the ATLA religion database.
Editor: Revd Dr Steven Shakespeare
Reviews Editor: Revd Dr Michael Brierley
Assistant Editor: Revd Anthony Freeman
Vol 58:1 January 2017 - Editor: Steven Shakespeare
After two special issues last year, this edition of Modern Believing returns to a more diverse array of topics: from the religious undertones of popular music culture to the lessons to be learnt from the centuries old legacy of firebrand Quaker, George Fox.
- Reconciliation: Politics and Theology
- F. Gerald Downing
- Religion and Western Popular Music: Reach out and Touch Faith?
- Clive Marsh & Vaughan S. Roberts
- George Fox and Theological Liberalism
- Hugh Rock
- An Invitation to the Feast: A Positive Biblical Approach to Equal Marriage
- Simon Taylor
- Pluralism and Religious Truth: A Response to Schmidt-Leukel
- Keith Ward