Modern Believing is Modern Church’s journal, published quarterly by Liverpool University Press.
The aims of Modern Believing are
- to publish fresh, constructive, tradition-informed, responsible, open-minded, challenging, easily readable theology;
- to keep its readers in touch with recent developments in all branches of Christian theology, and with progressive accounts of Christian beliefs and doctrines, in dialogue with other disciplines.
The aims of Modern Believing are achieved, in partnership with our co-publication Signs of the Times, by
- establishing themes for each edition, inviting articles from established and emerging scholars,
- publishing reviews of books, especially books which illuminate the themes of each edition,
- and publishing edited presentations from the annual conference of Modern
Students in universities, colleges and theological institutions which subscribe to the EBSCO database, can access Modern Believing online. Subscription to the journal is included for Modern Church members.
- Editor: Prof. Adrian Thatcher.
- Reviews Editor: Canon Dr Michael Brierley
How to sign up to receive Modern Believing
Modern Church’s membership is administered by Liverpool University Press. To become a member of Modern Church, please follow this link and find the option to ‘Subscribe’.
If you prefer to talk to someone, please email email@example.com or telephone 0151 795 1080.
If you have any queries or difficulties please call our administrator, Diane Kutar, on 0845 345 1909 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and she will be pleased to assist.